The QUARTET building is ideally located on the right bank of Geneva, in close proximity to the city centre in the Charmilles district. This lively district, currently undergoing radical change, offers occupants of this future building a dynamic environment that takes full advantage of the town centre's attractions and ease of access. Today, the Charmilles district is undergoing a thorough transformation: there are numerous building projects around the edge of the district injecting a new lease of life by bringing together history and modernity, such as up-market loft developments to replace the old Pic-Pic factory, or the renovation of the protected Elna administrative building. One of the district's main development projects, in addition to the QUARTET development, is a new block of flats for 150 units and a public park on the site of the old Charmilles Stadium, which had previously hosted FC Servette's home games. Read more...Reduce
Culture also takes pride of place in the area in the shape of the Espace Hippomène, a cultural and events centre, which replaced the old Tavaro factory in 2008.
The district, enhanced by the Planète Charmilles shopping centre with more than 50 businesses including Migros, is a town within a town with practical access to the centre of Geneva. Numerous bus routes running along the Rue de Lyon mean the site is less than 10 minutes from Cornavin main station and Geneva international airport respectively. Read more...Reduce
The actual QUARTET project is located on the site of the former Hispano-Suiza factory, which produced its first cars in 1904, cars that enjoyed a solid international reputation. During the First World War the factory also produced aircraft engines for the Allies forces which served as the basis for the development of the company's military activities. In 1938 the Rue de Lyon site was to become a production centre for anti-aircraft arms and ammunition.